UNEP’s Consumption and Production unit is recruiting a UN Volunteer in Paris • application deadline 8 March
Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Programme Officers of the two units, the International UN Youth Volunteer will:
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects, etc.; develop project proposals, monitor and analyze programme/project development and implementation; review relevant documents and report; identify problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions; liaise with relevant parties including donors; identify and track follow-up actions. The thematic topics include life cycle thinking, circular economy and sustainable consumption and production, including in the plastic and textile sector.
- Research, analyze and present information gathered from diverse sources. Undertake survey initiatives; design data collection tools; review, analyze and interpret responses, identify problems/issues and prepares conclusions. Contribute to the preparation of written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
- Support programme officers in UNEP on activities related to budget funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and prepare related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.).
- Support the work in the Secretariat of the Life Cycle Initiative, on organizing meetings and calls of the Steering Committee, and managing projects and communication activities of the Initiative, to ensure projects are implemented with timely preparation of contracts and reporting for quality delivery, and results are communicated to relevant stakeholders.
- Provide specific day-to-day follow up on tasks related to the Programme of Work, e.g. in the areas of capacity development / e-Learning management, coordination of working groups, stakeholder engagement, monitoring impact of projects, reporting, etc., as relevant and required by the teams.
- Provide support to consultative workshops, and other meetings and conferences, including proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations, etc.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.