Registration is now open for the 3rd official USEtox PhD Summer School (until 15th May!)
Hosted by Nanyang Technological University (Singapore) on 3-7 June 2019, and organized by Technical University of Denmark and NTU Food Technology Centre, this course provides an overview of multimedia chemical fate modelling, multi-pathway human exposure modelling, ecosystem and human health effects modelling, and comparative indicators for human-toxicological and ecotoxicological impacts. Deadline of registration is 15 May 2019.
Course participants will be guided through a series of examples in which they will develop characterization factors using the latest USEtox scientific consensus model release. Main course objective is that participants learn how USEtox can be used in various applications, including the prioritization and ranking of chemicals within life cycle assessment, product environmental footprinting and other comparative assessments, risk assessments, chemical substitutions and sustainability assessments. Participants will have hands-on access to all model, data, documentation and reading material during the course and will be able to take all files back home. New substances will be characterized and participants may bring their own list of substances of interest for the exercises.
- Course enrollment via email to Peter Fantke (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Registration at https://www.conferencemanager.dk/USEtox-2019 Deadline: 15-May-2019.
- When? 3-7 June 2019
- Where? Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
- Credits? 5 ECTS (PhD level)
- Costs? Course contribution is for professionals 2500 US$ (a limited number of fellowships is available for participants from low-income countries) and for students 340 US$ (proof required) – the course contribution covers refreshments, an excursion and a social event.