The Nornet LCA network supports the development of innovative ways of using LCA in building and refurbishment projects. The network addresses crucial challenges to reinforce the status of the Nordic building industry as one of the forerunners of sustainable building in the international building markets.
The project will run from 2015 to 2017 in order to:
- establish a Nordic network for the innovative use of LCA
- reinforce the status of the Nordic building industry as one of the international forerunners in sustainable building
- develop better understanding about the significance of methodological choices in LCA of building and construction
- develop new LCA based information about the significance of decisions on resource efficiency
- help the industry and consultants to use innovative tools and find relevant data.
An upcoming workshop (May 12 2016, Gothenburg, Sweden) will focus on “Guidelines for life cycle assessments in building projects”; a practical handbook that is in the making by Nornet LCA.
The Nornet LCA Network was established in 2015 through the project, and will remain active after the project has ended. Nornet LCA is a Nordic collaboration project financed by Nordic Built.
More information on the Nornet LCA network: www.nornetlca.nu