Applications are now being accepted for an internship working on projects related to Life Cycle Thinking (LCT) and Resource Efficiency.
This intern opportunity is located within the Life Cycle Initiative unit of the Resources and Markets Branch, Economy Division of UN Environment (https://www.lifecycleinitiative.org/). The intern will work under the direct supervision of the Head of the Life Cycle Initiative, in coordination with Programme Officers under the unit.
Under the unit’s responsibility further falls the implementation of the Resource Efficiency through Application of Life cycle thinking (REAL) project. The REAL project aims to integrate resource efficiency in global value chains by providing and encouraging the use life cycle data on environmental impacts. This enables private and public organizations to make informed choices that lead to increasingly sustainable consumption and production (SCP).
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide day-to-day support for project-related activities within the Unit/Secretariat (providing logistical support for events and meetings to be organized by the Unit/Secretariat; drafting of documents, minutes, and presentations).
- Assist with research and data collection on themes related to life cycle thinking, hotspot analysis, and related themes according to the Programme Officers’ needs.
- Assist with research and data collection on due diligence for sponsors of the Life Cycle Initiative (www.lifecycleinitiative.org), as well as preparing outreach for new sponsors and members in line with the new Life Cycle Initiative strategy.
- Contribute towards the Unit’s communications activities, including web development and online presentation of materials and keeping websites up-to-date.
- Assist with the logistical preparation of meetings, events, and webinars organized by the unit, including the preparation of presentations and other documents and drafting summary reports.
- Assist with cross-unit collaboration opportunities.