Thank you to all the participants of our 2023 General Assembly (GA), held October 5th, 2023. With 121 members joining us at this year’s General Assembly, we observed a significant turnout and engagement. For those interested to view the content of the General Assembly, the recording is now available on our Youtube channel, with the following highlights:
- the keynote of Sheila Aggarwal-Khan, Director of UNEP’s Industry and Economy Division.
- the panel discussion of expert government, industry and civil society speakers discussing “Accelerating the Shift to Sustainable Consumption and Production: Empowering Decision-Making with Life Cycle Approaches”
- our project updates for Global LCIA guidance (GLAM), Hotspot Analysis Tool for Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP-HAT), efforts to improve accessibility and interoperability of inventory data (GLAD), and the new project to establish clear technical guidance for considering biogenic carbon in LCA studies.
Download the slide deck
Find details on the speakers, project updates, and elections by clicking the image to download the slide deck.
LC Initiative Steering Committee elections
As every year, we held elections for three new Steering Committee members. The voting period concluded on October 5th, and our congratulations go to the following newly elected Steering Committee members, who will have a mandate until 2026:
- Government: European Commission (Europe)
- Business: Unilever (Europe)
- Science and Civil Society: CIRAIG (North America)