- This event has passed.
6th International Conference on Social Life Cycle Assessment
September 10, 2018 - September 12, 2018
10-12 September 2018
“Social LCA : People and Places for Partnership” – 6th International Conference on Social Life Cycle Assessment (S-LCA)
The University “G. d’Annunzio” of Pescara-Chieti, in collaboration with Ecoinnovazione srl, a spin-off of ENEA, is organising the 6th International Conference on Social Life Cycle Assessment (S-LCA). The conference will be held in Pescara, Italy, on 10-12 September 2018.
The overarching theme of the conference is “Social LCA : People and Places for Partnership”.
Coinciding with the conference, the Life Cycle Initiative will organise two workshops related to our projects:
1) Workshop on the Revision of the S-LCA Guidelines
A SLCAlliance/ Life Cycle Initiative workshop will be held on September 12-14th at the University of G. D’Annunzio in Pescara, Italy, back–to-back with the 6th International S-LCA Seminar! Register for the workshop, and find more information.
2) Stakeholder workshop on linking life cycle thinking to SDGs
As introduced in the project section of this newsletter, a stakeholder consultation workshop on linking life cycle thinking to SDGs will take place as a side event of the International Conference on Social Life Cycle Assessment and is invitation only. This workshop will establish an agenda for the project, to understand the context of how SDGs are being used by decision makers, how LCA-based metrics can contribute to that, the requirements and wishes of the various stakeholders, and the need for capacity building. If you are interested in participating, please contact the workshop organisers for more information.
S-LCA can help to evaluate the social aspects of products in the framework of sustainability. This can represent a managerial tool for the evaluation of the stakeholders. Indeed, it is not the dimension of an organisation that is of importance, but it is the density of the linkages it can establish with the stakeholders, in order for positive social effects to be created and for synergies to be effectively communicated. Assessing social impacts is even more significant also in business and public policy contexts.
Methodological developments and tool focus
• 1A. Positive social impacts
• 1B. Inventory database
• 1C. Characterising social impacts
• 1D. Type I and Type 2 in Social Life Cycle Impact Assessment (S-LCIA)
• 1E. Sector-specific approaches
• 1F. Future scenarios of countries and development of social indicators
• 1G. Complementarity and overlapping between Environmental and Social LCA
• 1H. Presentation and interpretation of results of Social LCA
Contextualising S-LCA scientifically
• 2A. Epistemology
• 2B. Ethnographies and anthropological perspectives
• 2C. S-LCA in LCSA
• 2D. Social Sciences studies on product life cycles
Fields of applications
• 3A. Circular economy: innovations and other applications cases
• 3B. Social Organisational LCA
• 3C. Policy and Social LCA
• 3D. Social LCA in procurement and design
• 3E. Social LCA and due diligence in the context of social responsibility
• 3F. Strategic priorities of industry in Social Impacts