Together with countries in the Latin American and the Caribbean (LAC) region, UNEP is developing a project entitled “Reduce marine plastics and plastic pollution in Latin American and Caribbean cities through a circular economy approach” co-financed by the Global Environment Facility (GEF). This project aims at facilitating governments and businesses at the city level in the region to address the plastic pollution through accelerating their transition to a circular economy for plastics. The project is planned to be implemented in 6 cities in Colombia (Cartagena, one more to be decided), Jamaica (Kingston, Montego Bay), Panama (Panama City, Colon).
UNEP is issuing the following two types of posts to support the development of the project:
- Data collection consultancy: collection of data related with marine plastics and plastic pollution from the 3 target countries, in particular the 6 target cities;
- Policy consultancy: policy baseline identification and stakeholder engagement at national and local level related with circular economy, marine plastics, and plastic pollution from the 3 target countries, in particular the 6 target cities.
Please note the application requirements for the data collection and policy consultancies are different. The data collection is expected to apply to specific application forms, and the policy consultancy to respond to a call of expression of interest that will be subject to a specific selection process.
The deadline for submission is 4 February 2021 (COB Panama time).
Who can apply?
The call for proposals for the two types of consultancy is open to both institutional applicants and individual applicants.
- Institutional applicants can be academia (research institutes and universities), Non-Government Organisations (NGOs), Not-for-Profit Organisations (NPOs). Institutional applicants can apply for either one type of posts, or both types if they have expertise on both data collection and policy aspects. The applicant can apply for the post(s) for one country or more than one country.
- Individual applicants can apply for either one type of posts, or both types if they have expertise on both data collection and policy aspects. The applicant can apply for the post(s) for one country or more than one country.
Applications from the LAC region are highly encouraged / are desirable.
Fluency in both written and spoken English is mandatory for all applicants. Fluency in both written and spoken Spanish is mandatory for applicants applying for the post(s) related with Colombia and Panama.
Based on the evaluation of the proposals to be received from applicants, UNEP will select the most suitable individual consultants/institutes for these posts.
Please find more information from the following links:
- For the data collection consultancy
1.1 Call for proposal
1.2 Application form for institute applicants
1.3 Application form for individual applicants
- For the policy consultancy
2.1 Call for expression of interest