There are different ways to get involved in the Life Cycle Initiative´s activities:
Who is invited to participate?
Industries may participate because:
- They will be able to identify cost-effective, sustainable solutions along the whole life cycle.
- Their voice will be heard in multi-stakeholder activities.
- They will increase their competitive advantage by developing and selling more sustainable products and services.
Governments may participate because:
- They will be able to link their national initiatives to the global life cycle initiative in the field of LCM and LCA.
- They will be among the outstanding countries/regions in promoting a life cycle economy.
- They will provide better access to training for producers and consumers in their country and worldwide.
Research Centres and Institutes may participate because:
- They can address new issues related to life cycle approaches and sustainability not yet examined in the initiative.
- Their expertise can directly contribute to changing unsustainable consumption and production patterns.
- They can share their knowledge in the fields of LCM, LCI and LCIA methods.
Consumer Organisations and NGOs may participate because:
- The initiative can increase their awareness, helping them to facilitate more sustainable consumer behaviour.
- They will have a global forum to inform people all over the world about the benefits of a life cycle economy.
- They can address poverty alleviation and North/South inequalities as well as other issues.
Foundations may participate because the initiative can:
- Achieve and sustain a healthy planet and livelihood.
- Promote change in sustainable policies.
- Facilitate progressive social change by addressing the underlying conditions of environmental problems.
Individuals can also play a role in the Initiative’s work programme when they participate in a flagship activity.